This is how the Smart Klaus assistance system ensures a reliable incoming goods inspection
The following applies to modern industry: It has to be fast! Mistakes? Undesirable! But how can this be guaranteed for thousands of articles?
This cannot be guaranteed manually! This is where the digital assistance system comes into play: The Smart Klaus.
The camera-based image processing system Smart Klaus shows its strengths along the entire value chain:
- Incoming goods
- Optical Identification
- Final check
- Outgoing goods
In case of a standstill at the goods receipt
Especially at the incoming goods, employees feel the effects of batch size 1: Individual customer requests, time pressure and a high quality standard lead to overload and errors.
The employees at the incoming goods must know and be able to apply a large number of products and its associated process steps - cognitive overload is pre-programmed. Repeatedly, specialist personnel have to support in order that the goods do not show any defects at the end. And yet mistakes do not fail to appear.
This leads to long processing times and a high error rate.
Four steps to an error-free goods receipt
The goods have been delivered and should now be assigned and checked by your employee. With the Smart Klaus incoming goods inspection system, the delivery order can be retrieved digitally via an interface to your ERP system. Your employees in goods receipt immediately know which articles have been delivered and which characteristics and suppliers special attention should be payed to.
The assistance system immediately detects defective products in incoming goods on the basis of optically predefined article characteristics. With the incoming goods inspection Smart Klaus, a supplier-related random sampling inspection is carried out. It is possible to determine for each supplier, the percentage to be inspected and the intensity (from 0-100% depending on the supplier's quality standard). The employee works hand in hand with the system. The image processing system checks the articles either automatically and independently or the employee integrates additional hardware (e.g. a Bluetooth Vernier caliper with interface to Smart Klaus).
After each test, the digital colleague delivers an audio-visual feedback of the test result to your employees.
The image processing system records all results of the inspection process. In addition, a complaint log is created in real time. This can then be transmitted to the supplier by e-mail as quality feedback.
Your advantages with the automatic incoming goods inspection
Enormous time saving
- Your incoming goods employee immediately knows which article is involved → Long search periods are omitted
- The right article information is always available digitally on the touch monitor
- The processes are handled faster and more efficiently because the responsibility lies with the system
- The easy operability of the vision system promotes the workflow
Your error rate drops to zero
- The delivered goods are identified quickly and automatically → Your employees no longer confuse the articles
- Your additional costs are reduced → From the moment you receive the goods, your employees ensure quality with Smart Klaus, sources of error are discovered immediately.
Flexible personnel deployment leads to increased productivity
- Quality assurance in incoming goods is now responsibility of the assistance system Smart Klaus → Your employees are relieved, the psychological pressure is dropped
- You do not need personnel with specialist knowledge → Smart Klaus creates freedom for employees who can actually carry out more highly qualified tasks
The assistance system for incoming goods ensures satisfied customers
Contact us now and be consulted
about our incoming goods inspection!
Do you inspect a high variety of goods and want them to be detected automatically? We will be happy to advise you! With Smart Klaus, we offer you an Industry 4.0 solution for error-free goods receipt. Furthermore, the Smart Klaus shows his strengths in outgoing goods and logistics. Contact us now and let us show you how beneficious the Smart Klaus can be.